AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATION OF WILDLIFE ARTISTS
MISSION STATEMENT AND OBJECTIVES
To promote and foster the art of lifelike Taxidermy and ensure that the members of AUSAWA maintain procedures and standards that will ensure the Taxidermy industry, as a whole, will be held in the highest regard by both clients and the general public by:
1. Fostering an atmosphere of co-operation in order to improve the skills of all members.
2. Holding regular National competitions at intervals of not more than two years.
3. Helping interested individuals who wish to learn the art of Taxidermy and encourage new taxidermists to participate in the AUSAWA competitions and any other form of AUSAWA activity.
4. Providing members with information (upon request) regarding all matters to do with taxidermy. The AUSAWA will help with marketing and advertising by way of a regular newsletter which will encourage input from members.
5. The AUSAWA will create a website that will welcome all members links.
MEMBERS WILL ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING
1. I will at all times provide for the safety and proper handling of specimens entrusted to me for trophy preparation. I will honestly advise clients of any conditions that might endanger their trophy or its quality.
2. I will instruct my clients on proper care of their finished trophies to ensure lasting satisfaction. I will offer instructions to clients on proper field care to ensure future trophy quality for the taxidermist.
3. I will not accept as work any trophy or materials that appears to be in violation of any statuary regulations regarding protected or endangered specimens unless you have the required legal documents.
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Australian Association of Wildlife Artists Inc you are expected to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
1. No member shall do anything that will bring the AUSAWA into disrepute.
2. All members will be honest and act professionally when dealing with their clients.
3. No member will copy or reproduce anyone else's intellectual property without the express permission in writing from the owner of that property.
Constitution Incorporated Association Ausawa.pdf